10 James Robinson came to San Diego from Texas in the Spring of 1850 and developed a successful law practice. He built this two-story structure in 1853 to serve not only as his family residence but also as the home of the San Diego Herald, the San Diego and Gila Railroad office, as well as other private offices. Robinson died in 1857 and his widow Sarah Robinson sold the building to Louis Rose, who probably purchased it as a family residence. Fire destroyed the roof in 1874 and the building fell into ruins by the turn of the century. Robinson-Rose House Visitor Information Center The reconstructed building now serves as OldTown State Historic Park's visitor center and has on display a model of OldTown as it looked in 1872,created by JosephToigo.